After successful completing this program, the participant will be able to:
- Understand the demands of our customers today and how they affect the supply chain management
- Be equipped with the latest techniques that will position your organisation to be competitive
- Increase and maximize the utilization of the manufacturing facility through a more effective and efficient production planning and control
- Improve your creativity in planning and implementing cost improvement and problem solving programs
- Build positive working relationship and garner better support internally and externally through a better appreciation of the human factor
Production Planning & Control Specialists / Supervisors / Officers / Executives
- Group Activity
- Question & Answer Session
- Case Studies / Games
TRAINING PROGRAM OUTLINE
1. Fundamentals of Production Planning & Control
- What the inputs?
- What are the outputs?
- Types of plans
2. An analysis of the roles and responsibilities of Production Planning & Control Department
- Marketing & sales.
- Planning & scheduling
3. An analysis of the interdependent relationships in Production Planning & Control .
- Losses result from ineffective planning
4. How does the Production Planning & Control contribute towards the competitiveness of the organization.
5. How does Production Planning & Control contribute to the supply chain management
6. Production Planning & Control Performance Indicators
- Customer OTD
- Down Time
- Inventory Turns
- Stock Variance
- Cost Savings
1. Challenges and expectations of Production Planning & Control Staff
- The Person - Top Ten Characteristics
- The Skill
- Planning & Control Systems
- Pareto Principle
- ABC Analysis
- Aggregate Planning Strategies
- Situation Analysis & Problem Solving Tools
- JIT for materials
- Fishbone Analysis
- Losses analysis
- Problem solving skills – PDCA, DMAIC etc.
- Reporting and Analytical Tools
2. Gantt Chart application for production planning
3. Vertical Analysis
4. Horizontal Analysis
- Trend Analysis