This course is intended for intermediate to advanced users who want to take full advantage of AutoCAD in a design environment. The participants will be guided to more advanced features of AutoCAD with basic 3D concepts to achieve complex designs. Learning AutoCAD from this course is the starting point for achieving a professional level of 3D AutoCAD design knowledge. This course is tailored for AutoCAD 3D novices as well as experienced users. It has been designed based on the design experiences not only covering the 3D geometry construction and drawings but also includes layer structures for collaborative work as well as the management of 3D designs and process. This course is definitely easy to follow and proven to improve the participants’ 3D CAD design skills significantly for various applications of actual design environments. The course aims to:
- Participant will be able to draw and use 3D for design and modelling.
- Complex Solid modelling will be able to modelled and presented.
Engineers, technicians and drafting personnel who are involved in the drawing, designing and drafting work.
For each of the topic covered, the students are first taught the basic concepts. The principle of operation and its practical implementation are then covered. Demonstrations will be conducted to lead the participants into the 3D CAD environment and to show the 3D CAD works using various features in AutoCAD. Participants will then perform hands on activities to create, edit and publish CAD works based on various design studies.
TRAINING PROGRAM OUTLINE
Module 1: Apply isometric drawing and orthographic view.
- To familiar the concept of CAD works in various working environments.
- To apply the viewing tools in 3D design environments of AutoCAD.
1.1. Introduction to 3D, overview of concept and viewing 3D drawing.
1.2. Isometric plane.
Module 2: Apply elevation and thickness.
- To create 3D objects using command mode of AutoCAD in various design cases.
- To be familiar with room plan option of AutoCAD for different applications and design studies.
2.1 ELEV command.
2.2 Room plan.
Module 3: Exploring 3D from all angles.
- To apply various techniques in exploring the objects in 3D from all possible angles in design environment.
- To simply the exploration tasks using available features of AutoCAD for faster speed and efficient in design works.
3.1 3D View.
3.2 View point presets.
3.4 3D Orbit
3.5 Saving different views.
3.6 View ports.
Module 4 : Using User Coordinate System (UCS), working with view point and multiple view points.
- To create and apply the User Coordinate System and World Coordinate System to achieve desired design of various case studies.
- To be familiarized with the properties of 3D objects and to work on various view points.
4.1 User Coordinate System.
4.2 World Coordinate System.
4.6 Z Axis vector.
4.7 3 Point
Module 5: Working with surfaces.
- To demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed in working with surfaces of 2D solid and 3D objects.
- To apply various features of AutoCAD 3D tools to achieve desired more complex 3D design of the objects in various design studies.
5.1 Introduction to surfaces.
5.2 2D solid.
5.3 3D face.
5.4 Revolved surface.
5.5 Tab surface.
5.6 Ruled surface.
5.8 Edge surface.
5.9 Curved surfaces.
5.10 Predefined surfaces.
5.12 Using attributes as information.
5.13 Blocks, and Wblock, attributes.
5.14 External reference.
Module 6: Create 3D solids.
- To create 3D solids using the tools available in AutoCAD.
- To practice using various techniques and tools to achieve the desired design outcomes for various applications.
6.1 3D Solids.
6.2 Solid Box.
6.3 Solid Cone.
6.4 Solid Cylinder.
6.5 Solid Sphere.
6.6 Solid Torus.
6.7 Solid Wedge.
6.16 Extrude, Move, Offset, Delete, Rotate, Taper, Copy and Colouring faces.
6.17 Copy and Colouring edges.
6.18 Imprinting, Separate and Checking solids.
6.19 Shelling and Cleaning solids.
Module 7: Using Paperspace and Layouts.
- To be familiar with paper space and layouts in different design works
- To apply and create different viewports in design for presentation and faster speed.
- To apply texts to drawings for better information managements and presentations.
7.1 Paper space and advanced printing.
7.2 Tiled and Floating viewports.
7.3 Use layer.
7.4 Create polygonal viewport.
7.5 Insert text.